Saturday, July 5, 2008

Vanilla Tanking

Ding! So me and the wife hit 16 and decided we're good enough to try out Ragefire Chasm. Now keep in mind I am an Alliance reroll, so am totally clueless about this lowbie instance, but I suspected it to be a breeze. Five minutes later using the LFG function and we have a few group ready to kick some major butt cheeks (never had a group form so quick, I love this server!). This will be a piece of p!ss I tell myself, how hard can it be. Then I realize I've not got my abilities macro'd to stances, and thats just the start of it. Doh!

Granted I am low level on his toon, so should have expected some bumps in the road, but after playing a 70 for so long, you forget how easy you actually have it. Body pulls for the whole run cause I have no arrows (just a silly bow for the + to 1 stat), charge doesn't generate enough rage to effectively use to then Thunderclap then jump to Defensive stance, so I just trot in like a sad little Tauren with my low 1h Axe skill, and finally the worst of it all, I'm sitting there for a clear 15 seconds, before I've built enough rage to sunder or Tclap. I mean seriously, I'm there doing my few swings, leveling my Axe skill hoping to dear god the Hunter's pet's growl is off, and wishing I had intervene to chase the loose mobs.

Ok it wasn't as bad as I'm making it out to be, yeah all I have said is true, but the run went smooth with no deaths, just a rude awakening to me of how fun this will be once again. Oh and who ever designed the pulls with 3 out of the 5 mobs to spam knockdown every 5 seconds... /rude

To quote Illidan "You are not prepared" and I wasn't. Time to get my macro's off Dakeyras...

- Ragnovar

No comments: